The third and last of the CGN's large steamships, the " Helvétie " was launched in 1926, in the hope of a revival after the turmoil of the Great War. Commissioned from the Sulzer shipyards, it distinguished itself from the outset with its revolutionary three-cylinder continuous-flow steam engine—a first on Lake Geneva—and its elegant yellow-ochre funnel, which would become the emblem of the entire Belle Époque fleet. For half a century, this majestic vessel embodied the refinement of Lake Geneva cruises, before an unfortunate fate condemned it to silence in 2002. Laid up but not forgotten, and listed as a "Historic Monument" since 2011, the " Helvétie "patiently awaits its rebirth."